AI SingaporeTo anchor deep national capabilities in Artificial Intelligence, thereby creating social and economic impacts, grow local talent, build an AI ecosystem and put Singapore on the world map. Press Release
Focused Verticals: Healthcare | Urban Solutions | FinTech
What we will do
Invest in deep capabilities for scientific innovations and breakthroughs
- Invest in AI technologies for the future
- Conduct fundamental research on scientific and engineering methods and models
- Gather top minds for multidisciplinary approaches to AI innovations and to nurture AI talent
Address major challenges in AI that affect society and industry
- Identify and focus attention on well-defined Grand Challenges
- Promote bold ideas and innovative approaches to solving them
- Examine and formulate ethics and governance polices on AI for the public good
Broaden the use and adoption of machine learning within the industry
- Drive the Singapore Smart Nation endeavor
- Launch 100 AI-Experiments for end-users, facilitate access to AI talent, create shared AI tools and resources
- Foster interactions in AI ecosystems to accelerate industry innovations
Technology Readiness and Activity Map
Automatic text summarization in legal and corporate due diligence reduces what used to take days to minutes.
Deep neural networks can now be used to classify medical images, such as chest x-rays and scans of the retina, to determine the presence of any abnormalities.
Videos can now be analyzed in real-time to detect critical events for advanced warning.
Streaming data from IOT sensors is analyzed in real-time to predict when to schedule preventive maintenance, instead of a regular fixed schedule, saving time and resources.
Using traditional Chinese medical techniques like pulse reading, AI researchers using advanced sensors are able to determine a person’s holistic health and provide wellness guidance.
A universal translator much like Star Trek’s is not far off, with deep learning neural networks performing near or better than humans in real-time translation in ideal conditions.
AI researchers are working on detecting emotions and pain in facial scans to provide better care for elderly patients as home companion robots.
Self-driving cars are expected to be on the roads within the next 5 years. This will change the economics of travel and delivery and bring about better road safety for everyone.
24×7 Robo advisers will provide timely financial advice based on your overall risk profile, current market conditions and sentiments, all without pushy sales techniques and over-selling.
Just want to be kept informed at the moment?
Sign up for the AI Singapore mailing list and receive the latest news and programmes updates – straight in your inbox!
SIGN UP AS A KELABERETIV MEMBER!As a Kelaberetiv member, you can
- learn more about the various AI Singapore programs such as 100 Experiments, AI Apprenticeship programme or Grand Challenges
- get access to 100E grants if you are a Researcher from A*STAR, NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, SUSS or SIT
- promote your AI company and search for collaborators and business opportunities
- search for talents in AI and ML for your projects or company
- grow your network in the Singapore AI Ecosystem
- and get onto the AI Singapore mailing list!
Frequently Asked Questions
IS AI Singapore A NUS INITIATIVE?
AI Singapore is a national initiative funded by NRF. We will partner and collaborate with professors and research teams from the National University of Singapore(NUS), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the Singapore Management University (SMU), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) and A*STAR.
DO YOU PROVIDE FUNDING FOR US?
AI Singapore does not disburse grants to organizations (public and/or private) developing AI products or services. Instead we provide the technology go-to-place and AI expertise for collaboration on AI projects to de-risk part of the project implementation costs.
BESIDES SMART NATION, FINTECH AND HEALTHCARE, DO YOU SUPPORT COMPANIES IN OTHER INDUSTRIES?
Yes, the three verticals mentioned are where we will focus our Grand Challenge programme. Our 100 Experiments programme will support AI projects in industries operating in Singapore.
WHERE DOES YOUR EXPERTISE COME FROM?
AI Singapore will draw its expertise from the professors and researchers at NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, SUSS, SIT and A*STAR, and also an internal AI and engineering team.
DO YOU COLLABORATE OR COMPETE WITH AI STARTUPS IN SINGAPORE?
AI Singapore will only work on projects where there are no existing commodity-off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions. If an organization approaches us and if there is an AI startup company in Singapore which has a suitable solution, we will recommend that the organization work with the AI startup instead. We may collaborate with the AI startup and the organization to help accelerate the deployment of the solution if required with additional AI researchers and engineers.