The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone, claiming hundreds of thousands of lives and disrupting the livelihood of millions.
AI has the potential to transform our economy and improve lives. Given this unprecedented global crisis, we are launching an ideation challenge, with the aim to encourage the curation of innovative ideas using AI methods and technologies to improve people’s lives during and after the pandemic.
About the Challenge
AI Singapore invite proposals with innovative ideas which make use of AI to help Singapore emerge stronger and better from the current situation caused by the coronavirus, e.g. How can AI help to
- Maintain low infection rate while reducing movement restrictions for locals and visitors
- Provide relevant, up-to-date information to citizens, caregivers, and decision makers
- Support critical services and infrastructure
- Support those (businesses, individuals) whose livelihood is affected
- Help companies adapt their business models and supply chains to a post-COVID-19 world
- Increase Singapore’s self-sustainability
And many other possibilities….
- All full-time students (13 years and above) at local public schools and universities
- Team of 1 – 4 members
Your proposal should address each of the following points:
- Problem statement
- Description of the issue to be addressed (max 250 words)
- Current solutions
- Description of if/how the problem is currently being addressed, and shortcomings of these solutions (max 250 words)
- Proposed solution
- Description of your proposed solution and how it addresses the problem (max 250 words)
- Expected benefits of your proposed solution over existing ones (max 250 words)
Proposals will be reviewed by a panel of experts from AI Singapore and the Ministry of Health Office for Healthcare Transformation (MOHT) based on the following criteria:
- Societal value-add
- Feasibility & scalability