AI Singapore’s AI for Industry (AI4I) – Practical Foundations in AI with Python is a 3-month hybrid programme with AI curriculum on DataCamp and face to face workshops/online interactions led by AI Singapore mentors.
The objective of the programme is to enable technically inclined individuals understand and use AI appropriately and be able to program basic AI and data applications in Python or R.
Duration: 3 months
Course Fee: SGD$535 (GST included)
- 3-month hybrid programme with AI curriculum on DataCamp
- 9 x 1-hour Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) online interactions led by AI Singapore mentors
- At least 2 face-to-face sessions at AI Singapore during the programme
- To complete a project in DataCamp during the 3-month duration
- 1 year subscription to DataCamp (For Continuous Learning)
- Access to Intel AI Academy materials
- Access to AISG Kelaberetiv forums and community
- CITREP+ Supported Programme
- Candidates who successfully complete the program within 3 months will be awarded “the Foundations in AI” Certificate
Application portal WILL OPEN from JAN 2019
Intro to Python For Data Science
Intermediate Python for Data Science
python data science toolbox
IMPORTING DATA IN PYTHON
Cleaning Data in Python
Manipulating dataframes with pandas
Merging dataframes with pandas
intro to sql for data science
introduction to databases in python
WHO IS THIS FOR?
AI4I is specially designed for engineers, software developers, managers, executives who are technically inclined and keen to learn programming to develop basic AI and data applications.
Click here to download the programme flyer
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who is this programme for and what are the outcomes upon completion?
AI4I is a 3 month programme meant to provide technical executives, managers, developers a learning experience in building data and AI application using Python. Upon completion, you will be able to build basic data/AI applications.
2. When does the programme start?
The second intake is scheduled to start in Feb’19. Registration will open in Jan’19.
The 3rd intake is scheduled from Jun’19 to Aug’19.
Further details will be provided at a later date.
3. What are the fees to join this training programme?
$535 (GST included). As AI4I is CITREP+ endorsed, you may receive funding support from CITREP+ here. Please select the course title, ‘Practical Foundations in AI with Python‘, when applying for CITREP+ funding. Please note that you are to submit your CITREP claim after completing the course.
4. Do I have to give up my current job to join the training programme?
No. This course is designed to enable professionals to continue to learn and up-skill themselves.
5. I am currently working. May I know what is the commitment expected for the course?
The course is flexible where you set your own learning pace. You are required to complete the course within 3 months in order to be eligible for CITREP+ funding. There are nine scheduled 1-hour time slot for the Ask-Me-Anything online interaction sessions and three 3-hour workshops. All sessions are conducted by AI Singapore’s mentors.
6. What if I decide to drop out of the course?
Please refer to our refund policy in the Terms & Conditions.
7. Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, upon completion of the course within 3 months, you will be awarded “The Foundations in AI Certificate” issued by AI Singapore.
8. What is the criteria for successful completion of the course?
You will have to complete ‘Data Scientist with Python’ track with 75% (74,783 XP out of 99,710 XP) of the total XP and achieve 75% attendance in the face-to-face sessions.
9. Do I need to be a Singaporean/ Singaporean PR to apply?
Yes, only Singaporeans or Singaporean PRs will be accepted into our programme.
10. I am not a Singaporean / Singapore PR but I would like to attend the programme. What can I do?
Our programme is based on DataCamp’s content hence you may sign up with DataCamp directly without signing up for our programme. What is different is that in our AI4I – Practical Foundations in AI with Python programme, we have included nine 1-hour AMA sessions and three 3 face-to-face sessions.
11. Must I complete ‘Introduction to Python for Data Science’ to apply for AI4I?
Yes. You are required to complete ‘Introduction to Python with Data Science’ on the Desktop version with minimum 75% (3,525 XP) of the total of 4,700 XP.
12. Why must I do the DataCamp “Introduction to Python with Data Science” when I already know Python programming?
This will allow us to assess that you have the minimum knowledge we require to embark on the programme. In addition, you will be able to find out if the online learning platform suits your learning style.
12. What is XP?
XP is a way of gauging how well you are doing or how engaged you are in DataCamp. It is calculated automatically based on courses, exercises or other actions you complete in DataCamp. Your total or cumulative XP will appear in the top right-hand corner of your screen and on your profile page. Whenever you choose the option to take a Hint or Show Solution, XP will be deducted from your potential additionally awarded XP.
13. After completing this programme, will I be able to find a job as an AI Engineer/Developer?
This programme is the entry point to being an AI Engineer / Developer.
14. If I have an existing DataCamp subscription, do I have to cancel my subscription?
If you have an existing DataCamp subscription, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request for a pause in your account subscription. You may resume your personal subscription after the AI4I programme ends.
15. Must I attend the face-to-face workshops? What if I am unable to attend them due to my work commitments ?
In order to complete the programme, you will need to achieve 75% attendance for the face-to-face workshops. We will be conducting multiple sessions for each workshop to enable our participants to fulfill this requirement.
16. Why do we limit the programme to 3 months?
This course is designed not only to impart the knowledge and techniques on the use of AI and data applications, but also to simulate the learning and work pace in an AI developer’s environment. It is important for a trainee to understand that time is a key component to manage in the real world situation. Hence, this course is curated for trainees to achieve the learning objectives within 3 months. Our trainees are expected to commit about 7 hours a week for a period of 12 weeks to this course. Before you sign up for this course, we urge you to plan your learning and include the learning hours in your schedule. If you are unable to commit the expected hours per week to complete the learning within the stipulated duration, we recommend that you sign up for a later class when your schedule can accommodate the learning hours.
17. Can I use my SkillsFuture Credits?
Currently, we do not accept SkillsFuture Credits.