- This event has passed.
Visions of AI Futures
May 26, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
For a long time, researchers did not make much progress in creating general and capable artificial intelligence agents. The field fragmented, and researchers specialised in subareas involving perception, reasoning, learning, representation, and related application areas. Recent progress in techniques, catalysed by the availability of large amounts of data and exponentially increasing computational resources, has brought astounding successes. Autonomous vehicles can now drive alongside humans in cities. An artificial intelligence programme has finally beaten the Go world champion. Computers can now match or exceed human performance in recognising faces and speech, and even translate languages well enough to be useful.
Given the progress, it is now timely to take a more unified view of AI. At this workshop, researchers across various AI subareas will share their research visions and the perspectives from their fields, offering participants insights into some of the impediments to achieving more capable AI systems.
The programme features talks by global leaders and experts in various AI areas, including members of AI Singapore’s International Advisory Panel.
- Making Robots Behave
– Talk by Professor Leslie Kaelbling, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Industry Opportunities in the AI Era
– Talk by Mr Ming Lei, Co-founder of Baidu & Director of AI Innovation Center, Peking University
- Infrastructures for HPC and AI Convergence
– Talk by Professor Satoshi Matsuoka, Director, RIKEN Centre for Computational Science
- Artificial Intelligence: What Little We Know
– Talk by Professor Michael Wooldridge, Head of Dept (Computer Science), University of Oxford
- Lessons from the AI Past, Navigating the AI Present and Getting to the AI Future
– Panel Discussion moderated by Professor Chen Tsuhan, Chief Scientist, AI Singapore
|Date:||26 May, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Time:||0900hr – 1545hr
(Registration begins at 0815hr)
|Venue:||Seminar Room 1
Level 2, COM1
NUS School of Computing
13 Computing Drive
Community Lead | AI Singapore