Bringing together the AI community in Singapore – companies, startups, researchers, students, professionals – to collaborate, find research and business opportunities and talent.
- Have an interesting story to share?
- Seeking for AI talent for your organization?
- Seeking research interns for your labs?
- Seeking an industry partner for your AI projects?
- Are you a researcher and seeking an industry partner to do a POC or deployment of your IP/research outcomes?
1) May I know what are the common characteristics of most major RPA tools ?
2) And how do these major RPA tools compared with each others, such as their pros and cons and areas of specific applications ?
Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you
Very Good Luck
1) RPA tools basically mimics what a user can do in a computer (i.e. launch application, navigate, do mouse click, type in texts, etc.). It has to be configured to follow the sequence of actions you desired (as per your business process). Some tools got recorders, in which it records the actions you do and save the sequence.
The physical or virtual machine that you assign to execute these sequence of actions is referred to as the Robot.
2.) Depending on your need and probably also budget, the available RPA tools ranges from free, one time licensed to annually licensed tools. There are enterprise RPA tools that support robust governance, security, centralized monitoring and auditability. These enterprise tools are the way to go if your company is envisioning these robots as digital workforce that would work hand-in-hand with the normal workforce.
Key difference of the RPA tools are the licensing model, different approaches on how they are configured and deployed (different tech skillset) and the scalability and robustness of the tool.