AI Data Apprenticeship Programme Application has closed
Please sign up for our mailing list to stay updated for our next batch.
AI Data Apprenticeship Programme Application is open (EXTENDED)
Application deadline: 27 Dec 2020
AI Data Apprenticeship Programme (AIDP)
AIDP is a new 6-month, full time on-the-job training programme in data curation for AI solutions. It comprises 2 months of coursework on data curation and basic data engineering techniques and 4 months of hands-on training on a real industry project.
Who is this for?
Diploma holders, with an IT background/experience, who are keen to support Data Science / Machine Learning projects; fresh Polytechnic graduates and NSFs (who have completed or are completing their service) with a recognised diploma
What we are looking for in a candidate
Application ends on 27 Dec 2020
Application for AIDP has closed. Please sign up for our mailing list to stay updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT TYPE OF CANDIDATES ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
Aside from the technical requirements stated above, we are looking for candidates with a passion for solving challenging technical problems and a strong work ethic with a desire for self-developement.
DO I HAVE TO PAY?
There is no application fee.
Successful candidates have to pay a miscellaneous fee of $267.50 upon acceptance of our offer.
No further payment is required as all apprentices will receive full sponsorship from AI Singapore of the course fee. The apprentices will also receive a stipend.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE PROGRAMME?
At the end of the program, the participant will:
- Have an understanding about how a AI/ML project is executed
- Be able to identify the various types of data used and how they are stored
- Understand the role of Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) in building a good ML model
- Know the various methods used to extract, clean and store the data for building ML models
- Know the methods used to label various types of data for
Supervised Learning ML models
- Be able to explain the algorithms used to build a basic Machine Learning model
WHAT IS THE OUTCOME OF THIS PROGRAMME?
At the end of the program, the participant is expected to be able to:
- Perform labelling of data as required by the Machine Learning tasks using appropriate tools
- Develop scripts that will be able to extract from & load data to common data sources (e.g. Cloud file storage, Relational
Databases, Big Data platforms)
- Perform basic Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) on the data and communicate findings to project team members
- Clean data by using tools or by developing custom scripts
- Build baseline Machine Learning models
DO I HAVE TO GIVE UP MY CURRENT JOB TO JOIN THE PROGRAMME?
Yes, successful applicants are required to quit their job to join this programme.
WILL I GET A JOB AFTER THE PROGRAMME?
While AI Singapore encourages our industry partners to promote job opportunities to our apprentices, it is ultimately your responsibility to find a job most suitable for yourself.
WHAT ARE THE AI JOBS AND ROLES I CAN CONSIDER AFTER COMPLETING THE TRAINING PROGRAMME?
Graduates of this programme may find jobs as a Junior Data Analyst or a Junior Data Engineer.
WILL I GET A CERTIFICATE UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME?
Apprentices who have successfully completed AIDP will receive a certificate from AI Singapore.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS PROGRAMME AND AI APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME?
Participants in the AIAP program will learn how to execute an AI project from data ingestion to model deployment.
WILL I BE PROVIDED A LAPTOP FOR THE DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME?
No. Apprentices are expected to purchase or use their personal laptop throughout the 6-month programme. Click here on laptop requirements.
WHAT IF I DECIDED TO DROP OUT OF THE PROGRAMME?
If you drop out of the course, you will have to reimburse training stipends that have been paid out to you as well as the programme course fee.